This is mostly configuration enhancements release; also added ability to set encoding for individual FTP hosts and some more enhancements and bugfixes. It can be downloaded from here.
- hosts screen: files count is now updated right after host crawl is finished
- introduced 'encoding' config parameter for FTP crawl tasks
- hosts screen: new column, 'encoding'; added UpgradeTo123Task auto-launced migration task (visit app.properties file to set encoding for pre-1.2.3 hosts)
- allowed user queries to begin with wildcards ('*', '?' symbols)
- secured access to Ajaxified admin functions
- hosts screen: 'edit' function for 'encoding' column for FTP hosts (for 'admin' role users only). Uses configurable encodings list from WEB-INF/classes/encodings file. Copy it from expanded war file to config directory first if you want to change it. (see install.html for details on config dir)
- improved URL interface: bare search.do now works as searchEntry.do. searchEntry.do is left working for some time for backward compatibility.
- sharehound now requires web container supporting JSP 2.0. For Tomcat this means 5.5 and higher.
- sharehound is distributed as compressed war now to ease future upgrades; extracted some config files, incl. quartz-config.xml and custom user accounts, to external config directory. See install.html for details.
- lucene.properties' "index.directory" propery moved to new properties file, dir.properties; introduced some new dir properties there and made them all optional :)
- made sharehound's data dir specified by JVM parameter passed to web cotainer (e.g. Tomcat). See install.html for details.
- fatal startup error if index.directory (specified in lucene.properties) doesn't exist
- 'files' link from hosts list item doesn't work for some time when the host is indexed for a first time
- Admin screen: 'calculate hosts files counts' function's results are invisible for some time (until somebody call hostIndexer.flush)
- some non-ASCII FTP directories are not indexed (appears empty in index while they are not actually)
- sharehound can only run on Java 1.6 (was unintentionally compiled in 1.6 only mode)
Please refer to docs/install.html file inside the zip.
Please refer to docs/release.txt file inside the zip.